A little about me…
THERAPIST / EXECUTIVE COACH / SPEAKER / AUTHOR
I have worked in the contexts of churches, community mental health agencies, businesses and non-profit organizations, and private practice. I am also the author of The Anxious Christian: Can God Use Your Anxiety for Good? and What It Means to be a Man: God’s Design for Us in a World Full of Extremes, as well as a contributor to several others.
From 2010-2014 I also served on staff as a marriage therapist for The Hideaway Experience in Amarillo, TX, where I co-led 4 day marriage intensives.
Prior to becoming a full-time therapist I was the college pastor at Bel Air Presbyterian Church in Los Angeles, serving primarily on the campuses of UCLA, USC, LMU, as well with a large number of young adults from the entertainment industry in and around Los Angeles. I also served on staff part-time from 2008-2011 at Highland Park Presbyterian Church in Dallas, TX where I was primarily responsible to care for the youth staff, provide crisis counseling for students and families in the youth department, and teach bi-monthly parenting classes for parents of youth.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certification in Executive Coaching | Southern Methodist University
- Master of Divinity | Fuller Theological Seminary
- Master of Science in Marital and Family Therapy | Fuller Theological Seminary
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology | Grand Canyon University
Certifications and Training
- Leadership Circle Profile Certification
- Certified Executive Coach
- Certified Level 2 Restoration Therapy Therapist
- Certified Marriage Strong Instructor
- Certified Relate Strong Instructor
- WinShape Marriage Adventure Leader
- Certified Prepare and Enrich Instructor
- Certified Family Wellness Instructor
- Certified Level 1 Running Coach (RRCA)
- Certified Level 1 ETT Therapist
MARRIAGE AND FAMILY
We have a passion to help people transform their lives and relationships, so together we have pursued certification together in Relate Strong and Marriage Strong which has led to us leading some retreats and helping individuals live a more healthy life. We are currently leaders for WinShape Marriage Adventures, leading couples on marriage adventure retreats to varying parts of the world. Heather has a passion for helping people live a more healthy life, and she is a certified health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
In my free time I love to spend time on the trails camping, mountain biking and running long distances. I have run everything from a 1K to a 100K and am working towards my goal of a 100 mile trail race.