A little about me
THERAPIST / EXECUTIVE COACH / SPEAKER / AUTHOR
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Clinically Trained and Certified Executive Coach, Author, and Speaker. I am currently in a private practice where I spend several days a week doing therapy with a variety of people, whether it be individuals, couples or families. And the rest of the week I spend my time doing executive and leadership coaching within corporations, churches, and organizations.
I have been working in clinical therapy settings for the last 26 years, while working as a therapist the last 17 years. I also have 25 years of experience working in pastoral settings, both as a pastor, as well as providing pastoral counseling in a variety of places. My hope is always to bring an integrative experience into the counseling setting, where one receives the best wisdom from the psychological and spiritual traditions.
I think the one thing that everyone I work with has in common — is a strong desire to grow in their overall wellbeing in regards to their mental health, relationships and performance — in all areas of their lives. And I consider it a huge privilege that people trust me to work with them. That is something I take seriously and enjoy immensely.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certification in Executive Coaching | Southern Methodist University
- Master of Divinity | Fuller Theological Seminary
- Master of Science in Marital and Family Therapy | Fuller Theological Seminary
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology | Grand Canyon University
Certifications and Training
- Leadership Circle Profile Certification
- Certified Executive Coach
- Certified Level 2 Restoration Therapy Therapist
- Certified Marriage Strong Instructor
- Certified Relate Strong Instructor
- Certified Prepare and Enrich Instructor
- Certified Level 1 Running Coach (RRCA)
- Certified Level 1 ETT Therapist
MARRIAGE AND FAMILY
I live in McKinney, TX with my wife Heather and our two kids. We have a passion to help people transform their lives and relationships, so together we have pursued certification together in Relate Strong and Marriage Strong which has led to us leading some retreats and helping individuals live a more healthy life. Heather has a passion for helping people live a more healthy life, and she is a certified health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
In my free time I love to spend time on the trails camping, mountain biking and running long distances. I have run everything from a 1K to a 100 Miler and everything in between (like the Rim to Rim to Rim at the Grand Canyon).
I look forward to meeting you and getting the opportunity to do meaningful work.