I have always been a fan of breath work, especially in the way that it has not only been so helpful for my own life and the anxiety that I have struggled with — but I have literally seen it change the people’s lives that I work with.
Breath work is integral to our ability to emotionally regulate — to stay calm and connected, not only with ourselves, but with others.
In this episode I explore:
- the book that really shifted my belief in breath work
- some tools that I recommend for breath work
- my 110 day experiment with taping my mouth shut at bedtime
- helpful apps to practice breath work
- why breath work is so critical.
- how my anxiety levels decreased drastically and my sleep increased drastically.
- varying breath work methods I used in my running and weight lifting training.
Here are some of the Things/People that I mention in this episode:
- Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor
- Art of Manliness Interview with James Nestor
- Headspace app
- Calm app
- Don’t Panic app
- Breathwrk app
- SomniFix strips
- NexCare waterproof tape