“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
I’m definitely no expert on the topic of fasting, but I have been experimenting with it for a few years, and finally decided to do my longest fast since I first tried it back on Maunday Thursday in 1999.
In early February I did my first ever 5 day water only fast. And it was a very difficult and amazing experience.
I want to share with you my ongoing experiment with fasting — but as I do — I always recommend that you consult with your doctor, health coach, etc, before you decide to do your own.
Though I grew up in a rich faith tradition where fasting was an important spiritual practice, I know that fasting is really an integrative discipline that interconnect our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual lives.
In this episode I will discuss:
- the basic details of my fast
- what I added to my water (lemon juice, salt, LMNT)
- my experience of losing 13lbs in 5 days.
- defining your purpose for fasting
- the double standard when it comes to fasting
- how fasting brings your emotional, mental and spiritual life to the surface in a very raw form.
Links to Things/People Mentioned in the Episode
Prolon — 5 Day Fasting/Mimicking Diet