A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to speak to a group of employees for Marriott Hotels here in the local Dallas area. It was a great opportunity to help others understand how to have healthy relationships in and out of the work place by beginning to take care of themselves.
So in this podcast episode I share what I shared with them:
- helping them understand how they are part of a larger system in which they are an emotional unit of.
- helping them understand that we are all “wired” from our early experiences, especially in our family of origin. I talked about our “wiring” around Love and Trust from the work of Terry Hargrave in Restoration Therapy.
- helping them how they are specifically “wired”, by helping them identify their violations of love and trust and connecting their feelings to their coping.
- helping them to understand what self-care is, and how the practice of it can help them better emotionally self-regulate, therefore, helping them have a better relationship with themselves, and those in and out of the workplace.
- and ultimately I gave them some practice steps to take home with them.
Resources Mentioned in Episode 93