Anxiety is a struggle that everyone has experienced at some point in their lives. Anxiety is part of the human condition whether we like it or not. But while some people seem to experience little anxiety, others feel their life is consumed with it. I’ve shared in countless contexts how I struggled for a good part of my life with anxiety until I finally began to face it and use it as an opportunity for growth in my life.
In episode 13 of this podcast I explored the topic of anxiety and one can begin to identify anxiety in their own life story, as well as learning to begin to reframe it as a catalyst for growth, rather than an enemy waiting to crush you. In that podcast I mentioned how I would follow up with an episode exploring the various tools and techniques one can use to manage and reframe anxiety.
So in this episode I talk about:
- the tool of reframing anxiety
- how self-care (physical, emotional, mental and spiritual) helps manage anxiety
- breathing techniques to help with anxiety
- meditation techniques and tools to help navigate anxiety
- connecting our spiritual life to our breathing and meditation techniques
- how listening to your anxiety can help you grow from it
- why journaling is a powerful tool in helping one depersonalize it
- how you can use 3 x 5 cards to navigate through anxiety
- books on anxiety that will help you grow from it
- the role of the “Pain and Peace Cycle” in understanding the roots of your anxiety
- and how medications can help, but why it’s the last option I explore
Please listen and subscribe to my podcast in the following places, and then leave a comment letting me know what you liked about the show, or what guest you would like to hear from. Thank you so much for your support.