I’m writing this post on Thursday, January 1, 2009. It’s a New Year which typically means we hope in anticipation for a great year…that our dreams, desires, goals…that all these things can be achieved.
I will be posting a more thorough blog on this topic come next week (after a little bit of blog redesign), but here are a couple of major themes that have been running through my mind, and that I want to incorporate into this New Year. You will notice how they are all somewhat interrelated as well.
- Less is More. Or as Tony Steward put it, Doing Less Better. These last couple of years have been ones of juggling too many things…I feel as if I’m in a constant state of trying to keep the things that I’m juggling from hitting the ground. That is not a good feeling.
- Pruning. I love John 15, and I think that if I’m going to bear “more fruit” in my life, I need to start pruning…letting go of some things.
- Focus. It’s hard to focus on things when my attention is scattered in so many different directions. There are 1-2 things that I want to devote most of my attention to this year.
- Cut Out Distractions. What are those things in my life that distract me. I have given serious consideration to those and will be cutting aka “pruning” some of those things out of my life.
- Online Translates Into Offline. I’ve written about this already here, and will continue to do so.
In the coming weeks I will explore more of what these things mean specifically, and in what ways I hope to achieve them.
But for now, does the need for any of these things in your own life resonate with you?