Did God Send Hurricane Katrina as an Act of Judgment? Section B
Read the post, but here is a summary of what Mark said:
1. God certainly could have sent the hurricane as an act of judgment, or for any other divine purpose.
2. Yet the fact that God could have sent Hurricane Katrina does not mean that He did.
3. There is ample evidence in Scripture for the view that not all natural events are directly caused by God.
4. There is evidence in Scripture that negative natural events are not necessarily caused by God as judgment on sin.
5. The one who argues that God sent Hurricane Katrina as an act of judgment opens up a Pandora’s box of theological problems.
6. God will use the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina for His gracious purposes.